drink technology India covers the full spectrum of the liquid food and beverage sector in India. The show is divided into different exhibition sectors like soft drinks, beer and brewery equipment up to liquid food and oils and fats.
Find more information regarding the different exhibition sections here:
India’s soft drinks industry is expected to register steady growth. The soft drinks industry is witnessing greater use of natural ingredients including higher juice content and lower sugar content in most beverages.
- The market size of soft drinks to reach 131,001 million $ by 2022
- The soft drinks industry in India is growing at 6-7 percent per annum
- Revenue in the Soft Drinks segment amounts to US$3,266m in 2018
- The average per capita consumption stands at 4.1L in 2018
With a rise in health awareness and the easy availability of bottled water, the per capita consumption of bottled water in India is on the increase. Growth of sales of bottled water is being driven by rising incomes.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22%, to reach INR 160bn in FY 2018
- Packaged water segment is expected to have a market size of Rs 21,500 crore
India’s packaged juice market has charted a high growth trajectory, thanks to its easy availability, anytime-anywhere consumption, and convenience. Millennials in India are more health conscious and monitor what they consume.
- The Indian juice industry was pegged at US$3.5 billion in 2012 and is estimated to reach US$21.14 billion by 2018
- The fruit-based beverages category has grown at a CAGR of over 30 per cent over the past decade
- Indian packaged juices market is valued at INR 1100 crore (~USD 200 million) and is projected to grow at a CAGR of ~15% over the next three years
Beer and brewing equipment
Beer is globally the third most popular drink after water and tea. The beer industry is on the rise according to the craft beer hype. Craft beer has boosted the business of micro-breweries in India.
- India Beer Market is projected to grow at a CAGR over 7.6% during 2018-2024
- The beer market in India will grow at 14.57 percent on the basis of revenue and volume over the period 2013-2018.
- India is among the top five beer markets in Asia Pacific in terms of volume.
- The beer industry in India has more than 85 large breweries.
- The sales of craft beer is witnessing a growth of 20% year-on-year.
Wine, sparkling wine and spirits
The wine production increased in India due to a growing middle class. Major wine producers in Europe are likely to set up their manufacturing facility in the country considering it is a lucrative market.
- Wine consumption in India is likely to reach about 37 million litres by 2018 from the level of 18 million litres as of 2014.
- Indian liquor continues to dominate the top 100 spirits brands worldwide.
- The alcoholic beverages market growth rate to reach a value of INR 5.3 trillion in FY 2026.
Milk, liquid milk products
India has been the leading producer and consumer of dairy products worldwide since 1998 with a sustained growth in the availability of milk and milk products.
- Milk has highest value in Indian agriculture and food sector, more than combined value of wheat and rice.
- Milk contributes close to the 1/3rd of gross income of rural households.
- The dairy sector comprises majority of share of India’s gross domestic product.
Liquid Food (e. g. vinegar, edible oils, mustard, ketchup or soya products)
Liquid Food (e. g. vinegar, edible oils, mustard, ketchup or soya products).
- Edible oil sector grew 25.6 per cent to cross the Rs 1.3 trillion mark in 2017.
- Revenue in the Sauces and Condiments segment amounts to US$4,951m in 2018. The market is expected to grow annually by 7.1% (CAGR 2018-2021).
- In relation to total population figures, per person revenues of US$3.66 are generated in 2018
- The average per capita consumption stands at 2.0kg in 2018.
Oils and fats
- 25 million tons of oilseed harvested – the world´s fourth largest vegetable oil economy
- The world´s third largest importer of edible oils
- India is now the world´s third largest lubricants market (after America and China)
- The oleochemicals market in India is forecast to surpass $2.6 billion by 2025